Happy Thanksgiving 2010!

Greetings friends & family! Sending you Happy Thanksgiving
wishes from Allentown, PA, where I'm visiting with Mom,
brothers, nephews, Aunts & Uncles.

I love waking up early
on Tofurkey Day to watch
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
This is one of my annual rituals--
my heart just swells with joy
for all the teens in the high school bands
that get to fly to NYC for the 1st time
and experience the thrill of marching down Broadway!
I am glued to the TV during all the Broadway musical numbers,
I look forward to The Rockettes big kick-line finale,
and when Santa appears on his big sleigh
to usher in the Christmas season, I start to cry!

Before YouTube & DVRs, watching the parade & The Tony Awards
*live* were THE only opportunities to see highlights
from the Broadway shows. The magic of Broadway
and the excitement of New York City encouraged and inspired me.
NYC represented heaven to me, the center of the universe!

I never imagined that one day I would call this amazing,
dream-come-true place HOME. I can't imagine living
anywhere else, and it gives me such joy to share this fantastic city
with my friends, family, and the wedding couples who marry here!

I'm so grateful for all the wonderful couples I met this year,
and count every wedding I celebrate as a blessing.
September & October were very busy with weddings & traveling,
and I'll be catching up & "filling-in" this wedding blog over the winter months.

Wherever you are today, in the USA or abroad,
I will be thinking of you today as I gather around the table
with my family and we join hands and share what we are GRATEFUL for.

With love, Rev. Annie