8/31/03: My 1st wedding: Kim & Chris


Weddings this past wknd, and tonight in NYC, tomorrow I travel
to Montauk for a beach wedding on Wed. @dawn :)
Weddings every weekend in Sept. & Oct. 2010. (Grateful! Blessed!)

Time for a *time out* to look at the calendar & celebrate the
anniversary of *Kim & Chris*, 8/31/03, Bear Mountain, NY:
my 1st wedding!

This is when I thought I was going to dress like Earth Mother/
Hippy Mama for all my ceremonies. Kim loved it, but this look
didn't last for me past this wedding!

I tend now to dress in all black & white, to blend in
with the white wedding dress/black tux theme.
Suits me better, and I make a ritual out of
putting on my wedding pearls and Chanel No. 5
for most ceremonies :)

I refer to Kim & Chris' wedding A LOT when I meet
with couples! One of the things that made their wedding
so unique is that instead of traditional wedding readings,
they chose lyrics from their favorite band,
Smashing Pumpkins, to read as poetry at their ceremony.
I LOVE that! So personal, so modern, so original!
What else is music--but poetry?

Stand Inside Your Love, Smashing Pumpkins

You and me
Meant to be
Immutable
Impossible
It's destiny
Pure lunacy
Incalculable
Insufferable
But for the last time
You're everything that I want and ask for
You're all that I'd dreamed
Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love
Protected and the lover of
A pure soul and beautiful you
Don't understand
Don't feel me now
I will breathe
For the both of us
Travel the world
Traverse the skies
Your home is here
Within my heart
And for the first time
I feel as though I am reborn
In my mind
Recast as child and mystic sage
Who wouldn't be the one you love
Who wouldn't stand inside your love
And for the first time
I'm telling you how much I need and bleed for
Your every move and waking sound
In my time
I'll wrap my wire around your heart and your mind
You're mine forever now
Who wouldn't be the one you love and live for
Who wouldn't stand inside your love and die for
Who wouldn't be the one you love

Kim & Chris send me Christmas cards every year,
and announcements when the babies arrive!

I'm so grateful they took a chance on me,
and really supported me my first time in this
official capacity. Friends ask me, "you've married
so many couples--how do you remember them all?"

I remember :) Each one is personal, unique,
and memorable. I remember :)