9/2/10: Evelyn & Garreth

I wondered what to wear to Evelyn & Garreth's CRUISE WEDDING
today. Some cruise weddings are sundresses & Hawaiian shirts,
others are big whitedress, formal tux, and the works!
Since summer is almost officially over, I wore my black linen
one last time, knowing it would blend with any wedding style I'd find!

Evelyn & Garreth had a big, friendly wedding with really happy,
outgoing guests--all very talkative and excited for this wedding day!
I coordinated with both Mom's before the ceremony to make sure
they knew that they were prepared for their readings--one in English,
and one in Spanish.

Garreth wore a light tan suit and deep purple orchid boutonniere.
He was totally relaxed and grinning ear to ear. I loved Evelyn's
short, net veil with floral comb, and her flowers were vibrant
& stunning: reds, greens, deep purples. I spoke to her privately
before the ceremony, and she was so excited, and very nervous.
I assured everything would be just fine, and I'd be there
to remind her to breathe!
The bride & groom wrote their own vows, and had us all going
from laughter to tears. Evelyn was overcome with emotion,
and her Maid of Honor was right there for her, offering her
soothing whispers and assuring her with a light touch.


Evelyn & Garreth chose to do the modern ritual "The Rose &
The Vase," symbolizing their love for each other--
that was a nice touch, I'm not asked to do that one very often.

At the reception, Garreth's father offered a heartfelt blessing,
and the Best Man & Maid of Honor recalled their long friendships
with the couple and wished them well.

The wedding party is sailing off now to Canada.
Have a great cruise! With Love, Rev. Annie