1/17/11: Rory & Steve

Rory & Steve asked me to officiate their Monday, Jan. 17th Martin Luther King Day holiday luncheon wedding in Queens. What a great time for a ceremony--many friends & family were off from work and able to join them for this romantic, kid-friendly, celebration of love followed by an Italian lunch. One of my jobs at weddings is usually to pin the boutonnieres on the gentlemen. And then keep them calm as we wait for the bride! Rory took our breath away in her lace bodice dress. She had tears in her eyes throughout the ceremony, and the bride & groom held hands as they repeated their vows. Steve kept beaming his warm smile at his Bride, as they exchanged rings and pledged their love to each other in the presence of their children, family, friends, neighbors, and community. I was delighted to stay for lunch to enjoy the company of their wedding guests! We had a leisurely Italian meal that began with antipasta, then pasta, and entrees. I so enjoyed chatting with friends and relatives, we had a fine time! It really makes my day when guests come up to me after the ceremony and tell me that they loved the wedding, and that it spoke to their hearts. Even the waitstaff was kind enough to greet me one by one and tell me that they listened in and they were really touched! I"m so honored to share a message of love that stays with people, and allows them to appreciate the love they have in their lives, and inspires them to find real love--the kind that allows them to grow, to shine, to share, to be truly happy, helpful, and inspiring to others. The couple ordered a carrott cake for their reception--yum! What a great choice. As the sky grew dark around dusk, it was time to catch my train back into the city. What a great way to spend the day, in the company of good & kind people, celebrating love, enjoying an excellent meal, and taking "time out" to say to each other, "What a GOOD day this is! THIS is really LIVING!"
Thanks for including me in your love story, and in your celebration Steve & Rory! With love, Rev. Annie NYC