1/7/11: Frank & Nelleke

Congratulatons Frank & Nelleke from The Netherlands,
who chose NYC for their destination wedding!
They were married today at The Dairy in Central Park in the company of their closest family & friends. The Dairy is a great spot on a cold winter day, as the Central Park gift shop is right there, and you can step inside to warm up your fingers & toes (and get some nice souvenirs!)
The Dairy is near the South East Side of the park, it's easy to get there on foot from Central Park South by walking north past The Gap Stow Bridge & Wollman's Rink, or by circling around The Central Park Zoo.

I wore my earmuffs & gloves, and awaited the arrival of the wedding party. You can see from my photos that it was snowy & slushy out! The bride gingerly stepped over the ice & snow and made such a stunning entrance in her fur hat.
The couple exchanged traditional vows & rings, and there were many tears from family as well as a few very respectufl onlookers. I know it made their day to stop and see a wedding in the park as they were out for their winter walk!
I always enjoy working with my friend Melanie Einzig Photography! She's #1 on my "go to" list for Central Park weddings. She's flexible, always on time, in a great mood, and is personable and gentle with all our couples, making them feel relaxed and comfortable, allowing them to smile & shine in their photographs.

I took this photo of the couple as they jumped into a pedi-cab headed back to their limo parked at the SE corner of the park. I had a lovely stroll through the park on my way home, enjoying the snow covered trees, the bundled up tourists and pedestrians, the dog walkers and carriages, the snowmen and winter sports.
It's such a blessing when asked, "What did you do today?" to be able to answer, "I did a wedding today!"
Warmest wishes and safe journeys, Rev. Annie NYC